Sausage Apple Cabbage Stir-Fry
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage
- 1 chopped apple
- 2-3 TBSP fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1-2 large leeks (use white part and slice thinly) or 1/2 onion if you can’t find leeks.
- 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- sea salt
- 4 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 package or 4 grass-fed beef or pasture-raised pork sausage links OR vegetarian sausage!
Melt about 3 TBSP of coconut oil in Dutch oven or large skillet. Sauté leeks in melted fat until translucent. Add in thinly sliced purple cabbage and stir. Toss in the thyme, apple cider vinegar, and a bit of sea salt. Continue cooking until cabbage is tender (this may take a bit). I used a Dutch oven and closed the lid in between stirs which will help cook the cabbage faster.
While cabbage is cooking, cook sausages on the stove top in remaining TBSP of fat. Turn sausages as they cook. Different sausages will take different times to cook but ours took about 5-7 min. Remove sausages to a plate and let them cool. Add in the chopped apples to the cabbage and let it cook a bit longer. Slice the sausages thinly and throw into apple and cabbage mixture. Stir to combine. Serve and enjoy!!
From the Paleo Secret’s 30 day challenge.