Who’s feeling this change of seasons? Here’s a few tips to help lessen the effects from this seasonal change:
1. Get your vit d3 levels checked. Optimal levels are between 50 and 80 (ng/dl). If you’re close to 30 (which is “normal” but not optimal), you should consider d3 supplementation. I have a few supplements and brands I trust based on tested efficiency, so contact me for more info.
2. Use a happy light lamp in the morning for at least 20 minutes. 10,000 lux, stay within a foot of the light and your eyes. You don’t have to stare in to it, but have it light up your eyes. Can use this during makeup application in morning, or while you wake up next to your bed!
Amazon has some brands with great reviews. I use the happy lamp. Not expensive and works. A patient of mine is borrowing it at the moment though 🙂
3. Blue light filter at night. You have options: free phone app (bluelight fliter!) Or blue light filtering glasses. Usually in an orange tone. These can be found from $7 to close to $100. I use blue light filter on my phone. But, if you tend to watch tv, use an ipad, or a computer, you may have better luck wearing the glasses.
4. Exercise at least 4 hours before bedtime.
5. Sleep and relaxation exercises, including meditation or deep breathing. Get into your parasympathetic nervous system.
Any questions or comments, or interested in how meeting with a Naturopathic Doctor or functional medicine practitioner can help you during this season change? Feel free to contact me! I offer a complimentary 15 minute phone consult to see if we could work together well.