- My Mission: To listen to your concerns and then correctly guide you towards OPTIMAL WELLNESS, a PAIN-FREE life, with improved MOBILITY, ENERGY and MOOD.
- Doctor of Naturopathic holistic medicine, as your health and wellness guide.
- Individualized health-care rather than disease-care.
- Integration of western and eastern therapies.
- Lifestyle and nutrition recommendations for your optimal health.
- Decrease pain and improve mobility with massage, bodywork, IASTM, cupping, gua sha, topical therapeutic essential oils.
- Improve sleep, energy, hormones, mood, digestion, weight, life.
- Achieve fitness and body composition goals, correct and improve posture.
- Empowerment and education for your best present and future health.
- Together we create a plan to support your body’s most important needs, and to educate and empower you to make lasting changes in your health and life.
- RISE to optimal health.
Wellness Rising LLC was established by Dr. J. Celeste Ruland with the goal to help each individual achieve their own optimal health.
Are you ready to make healthy changes in your life?
Sign up (enter email in pop up window or at bottom of page) to receive emails from Dr. Ruland, filled with health, fitness, nutrition, and wellness EXPERT TIPS! There may be promotions and seasonal deals included with your free subscription. You may opt out at any time.
You may also book your complementary 15 minute phone consult with Dr. Ruland by contacting her here:
Massage in general has a variety of health benefits and can be very relaxing; however, Dr. Celeste is an expert in PAIN management, athletic improvement, and effective individualized massage.
- Immediate and long-lasting relief:
- plantar fasciitis
- musculo-skeletal symptoms
- lower back pain
- sedentary lifestyle aches and pains
- Massage Modalities: (more than one often included in massage sessions)
- Swedish : relaxing, includes neck/arms/torso/back/legs
- Deep tissue : massage focusing on client’s complaints and addresses tender trigger points, adhesions, and other musculoskeletal causes of priority symptoms. Results in pain relief, relaxing tight muscles and potentially increasing joint ranges of motion.
- Cupping /IASTM: negative pressure muscle relief. When deep tissue isn’t deep enough, cupping works! Cupping during massage to assist in muscle adhesions, tightness, tender points, cellulite, and energy blocks. Providing increased circulation for removal of waste products from tight muscle knots, allowing adhered tissues to release and increase healing, addresses stagnant blood and energy preventing optimal healing, relaxing as well as relieving. Amazing results you have to experience to believe!
- Myo-Fascial release : slow stretching of the muscle and fascia. Efficient healing for chronic pain symptoms or postural imbalances.
- Thai yoga : stretching compression style of massage performed on a floor mat with the client fully clothed, and the practitioner guiding the client through stretches and compressive massage through energy lines (acupuncture-like meridians) and tense areas.
- IASTM or Gua – Sha : Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization for Fascial and Pain release. Between the muscle and skin there is a layer of fibrous connective tissue called fascia. After musculoskeletal injury or hard workouts, this layer can develop what are called myofascial adhesions (excessive collagen cross-links). Myofascial adhesions can be released with IASTM to improve range of motion and prevent chronic pain.
- Reflexology : foot massage with the purpose of massaging reflex areas of the feet corresponding to the rest of the body. helpful with relaxation, headaches, and any organ/muscle imbalance.
- Aromatherapy : Potent Essential Oils may be used to promote your healing, decrease inflamation of the body tissues, and help relaxation of the nervous system.
Spa treatments include:
- Ultrasound fat cavitation services for non-surgical FAT LOSS ! This is the EASIEST way to lose inches off of those stubborn fat areas in less than an hour, with little to no side effects!
- Ultrasound/Radiofrequency combined – aimed towards cellulite and skin-tightening. Up to 2 inches lost per session!
- Therapeutic Essential Oil treatments have been shown to assist in speeding up the process of fat loss and cellulite clearance, as well as pain management and immune support.
Dr. Celeste is a one-stop-shop for your body mind and spirit. She will teach you integrative healthy methods to treat acutely as well as prevent chronic diseases to truly achieve optimal wellness.
As a Naturopathic Doctor, she is trained as a primary care physician; however, in the state of RI she can not be your primary care physician. This does not limit her ability to treat you as a patient. She will listen completely, and figure out the root cause of your complaints as well as the many ways to achieve your optimal wellness. You can expect a balance of conventional medicine and terminology as well as using food and herbs as medicine. She will address your prior diagnoses with a more holistic medical model, review and suggest labs if necessary, and then find the most natural way possible to bring your body back to balance. She will act as your coach, motivator, innovator, detective, and guide. She will provide you with many lifestyle tools and recommendations on how to live a healthier, more energetic, fulfilled life.
If you, or someone you know, would like to have Dr. Celeste as your guide to becoming healthier, feeling lighter, learning how to eat to prevent disease, or just have some tight muscles, please contact her here (form below or email: Drceleste@wellnessrisingllc.com) .
However, if you have an emergency, please contact your primary care physician or local hospital, as Naturopathic Doctors can not treat emergency medicine conditions nor can we prescribe pharmaceuticals.
For more information about Naturopathic Medicine:
Upcoming talks/guest speaking/seminars:
4/2016: NEW ENGLAND STATES GOVERNMENT FINANCE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION – Waltham Woods April 7-8, 2016 “Wellness 101: First world problems and solutions”
10/5/2016: Navigant Credit Union – Health and Wellness Day – Lincoln, RI.
11/2016: Navigate Credit Union Wellness week – branch chair massage therapy
4/25-26/2017: Beast of the East – Rugby tournament guest massage therapist